The Modern Universities Research Group provides support to its membership of 44 universities concerning every aspect of the applied,excellent and innovative research conducted within the UK’s modern university sector. The research performed at modern universities is usually highly applied, is very diverse and often:
- supports local businesses to develop and grow;
- supports social regeneration;
- informs policy at local and national level;
- collaborates to perform research into renewable energy.
- many projects are allied to applied solutions in the healthcare system.
MURG is not a mission group – its membership is drawn from universities across various groupings.
For further examples of the diverse, applied research performed at MURG member universities, please click here.